What is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
Erectile dysfunction also known as “impotence”, is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse. ED is extremely common problem affecting men of all ages, an estimate of 33 million men in the US are affected by ED.
Statistic show that many as 52 percent of men experience erectile dysfunction on a long term basis. With it affecting 40 percent of men age 40 to 65. Above 70, almost all men have some difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. Study shows that erectile dysfunction may affect 1 in 4 men under 40 seeking treatment and the primary issue is the lack of blood flow to the penis.
What causes ED?
Physical and psychological factors are the two main contributes to erectile dysfunction.
Physical ED may result from deterioration or damage to nerves or blood vessels of the penis. Many drugs, and alcohol, uncontrolled diabetes and smoking to name a few, can damage arteries and cause ED as a side effect. It may also be cause by problems with imbalance hormones and can be a result of a more significant underlying medical issue.
Other common causes include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
Psychological ED arises from depression, anxiety and mental health issues. Fear, stress, worry or anger and frustration are common causes that can contribute and worsen erectile dysfunction. It may also develop from “performance anxiety” (a man’s fear that he won’t perform well during sexual intercourse), or from the embarrassment of premature ejaculation.
If you or anyone you know are experiencing ED, you are not alone and we are here to help you find the best solution.
Your $149.99 consultation includes:
- Private physician and/or medical provider consultation
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Test Dosage of Medication (for ED)
- Prescription Refillable for One-Year
LIKE/FOLLOW/SHARE us on Facebook and Instagram and get $15 dollars off your first consultation! From $149.99 to $134.99!
(Limited time only)